NAB announces relief package for Victorian and NSW bushfires
NAB today announced its disaster relief package for customers affected by bushfires in South-West Victoria and at Tathra in NSW.
Measures that may be available to affected customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to manage existing agribusiness bank facilities;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
NAB General Manager for Retail Victoria, Mary Scoutas, said the coming weeks will be a difficult time for people in the affected areas and her thoughts were with them.
“We are here to support all NAB customers, employees and the wider community. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help,” Ms Scoutas said.
NAB General Manager for Retail in NSW, Paul Juergens, reiterated that it was important for customers to know that they have NAB’s support.
“From staff who need time off, to customers needing to take a break from their mortgage repayments, we are here to help,” Mr Juergens said.
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
- Small business that need help can call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers that need help can contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.