NAB to match public donations to support ex-Cyclone Debbie recovery
NAB has today announced it will match public donations made through its branches and NAB Internet Banking to help communities impacted by ex-Cyclone Debbie.
“The devastation across Queensland and northern New South Wales is beyond anything we’ve seen in the region in recent years. The clean-up and recovery for families, businesses and communities in the impacted areas will be very difficult – and we want to help,” NAB Chief Customer Officer of Consumer Banking and Wealth, Andrew Hagger, said.
“All the donations we are collecting will be distributed to organisations, including the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, and will go towards supporting communities to recover and rebuild.”
Donations can be made over-the-counter at NAB branches, or by logging into NAB Internet Banking at nab.com.au (Select Funds Transfer » Donation » Charity » Cyclone Debbie Appeal).
NAB has also extended its financial relief to customers affected by ex-Cyclone Debbie and associated flooding in northern NSW. Support includes:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to manage existing agribusiness bank facilities;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
“I encourage customers, when they’re ready, to speak with us so we can help with financial relief wherever possible,” Mr Hagger said.
- Customers can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly, or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599, 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST.
- Small businesses that need help can call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers that need help should contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.
We are working to restore banking services to the affected areas as quickly as possible; branches in Proserpine and Airlie Beach in Queensland, and in Lismore in NSW, remain closed.
For more information about NAB’s disaster and crisis support for customers, as well as up to date information about branches that remain closed, visit www.nab.com.au/about-us/corporate-responsibility/customers/natural-disaster-and-crisis-support.