NSW fires: NAB financial relief package available for affected customers
National Australia Bank today announced its disaster relief package for customers affected by the bush fires in New South Wales.
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
NAB is also supporting employees impacted by the fire and has made crisis leave available to permanent full-time and part-time staff.
“Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help,” said Paul Juergens, General Manager Retail NSW.
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
- Small business that need help can call 1300 965 577.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.