Disaster relief package launched for customers impacted by Tropical Cyclone Seroja
National Australia Bank (NAB) has today announced its disaster relief package for customers in regions impacted by Tropical Cyclone Seroja.
NAB encourages customers affected by the cyclone to contact the bank when they’re ready to discuss a range of financial relief measures, including:
- Credit card and personal loan relief.
- Waiving the application fee for restructuring business facilities.
- Deferral of business loan payments principal and/or leasing payments.
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early (including Farm Management Deposits).
- Concessional loans to customers seeking support to restructure existing facilities to assist in repairs, restocking and re-opening for business.
- Offering reduction on home loan and personal loan repayments or moratorium.
- NAB Assist tele-consults for customers.
- Wellbeing support service for colleagues and customers.
NAB Retail Executive, Krissie Jones said the measures provide customers access to immediate financial support.
“Tropical Cyclone Seroja is impacting a lot of people in these towns – we are here to help and the number one priority is that people stay safe,” Ms Jones said.
“We are here to support all NAB customers, employees and the wider community before, during and after a natural disaster. Anyone who needs assistance or advice should contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way we can help.”
- Customers who need help are encouraged to visit their nearest open NAB branch where it is safe to do so, contact their banker directly, call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT) or visit nab.com.au/disaster.
- Small business that need help can call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers that need help can contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.