Grab a bargain and stay safe while shopping online
There are some great deals to be had in the January sales. Follow these easy steps to keep your money and personal information safe while you shop.
- Treat your phone like your wallet – Nowadays our phones contain lots of personal information. Keep yours safe and don’t leave it lying around unlocked where others can access it. You might also want to put a password on your phone so if it is stolen the criminals can’t access your data.
- Keep your anti-virus software up to date – The best way to keep your computer or device safe is to invest in good anti-virus software. Make sure you download updates and keep your software up to date. This is a good way to keep your data safe.
- Change your passwords frequently – Maintaining strong passwords on your bank, email and other online accounts helps keeps fraudsters at bay. Don’t use obvious combinations that someone could guess at. Instead, use a combination of letters, numbers and punctuation marks to create unique passwords and keep your personal information safe.
- Never respond to suspicious phone calls or emails – If you receive a call from someone pretending to be a well-known organisation and they ask you for personal information, don’t respond. No legitimate organisation will ask for your personal details as they already have them. If in doubt, call the organisation back and determine if it was a legitimate call.
- Monitor your accounts regularly – Check your online accounts and statements regularly to ensure there is no unusual activity. If you see a transaction that you don’t recognise or have any concerns about your accounts, please give us a call.
If you have any concerns about your accounts or believe fraudulent activity is going on, call us on 13 22 65 and we’ll check your accounts.