NAB announces relief package for customers affected by NSW floods
National Australia Bank today announced its disaster relief package for customers affected by floods across New South Wales and ACT this week.
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers
Irene Rowlands, Retail General Manager NSW South/ACT, said it was an uncertain time for many people following the weekend rainfall.
“Our thoughts are with people who have been affected by flooding through isolation or property damage,” she said.
“We are here to support all NAB customers and the wider community. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.”
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT)
- Small business that need help can call 1300 965 577
- Emergency claims 1300 555 013
- Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance 132 652