NAB’s COVID-19 support for Australians is unwavering
As COVID-19 continues to create uncertainty across the country, NAB Group Executive for Business & Private Bank, Andrew Irvine, said the Bank will stand by its customers for as long as it takes for Australia to get through the pandemic.
“NAB’s offer of support is available to personal and business customers wherever they are and for the duration of our fight against COVID-19,” Mr Irvine said.
“Today our bankers will be reaching out to customers in areas under new restrictions including Darwin, New South Wales, Queensland, Perth and the Peel region to understand how the latest changes are impacting them.
“Our bankers will work with customers to understand their situation and what we can do to support them.
“We have thousands of bankers around the country ready to help the individual customers and the business community.”
Business customers struggling with the impacts of COVID-19 are encouraged to call their banker or the NAB Business Customer Care Team. Individuals who need help can call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599. Further information on support available can be found at nab.com.au/coronavirus.
Support available to businesses can include:
· Restructuring of business facilities along with reduced or waived applications fees;
· Deferral of principal payments across multiple product options;
· Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early giving customers quick access to cashflow;
· Credit card and personal loan relief;
· Professional wellbeing support.
· Business recovery loan options (under the Federal Government’s SME Recovery Loan Scheme)
Support available for individual customers can include:
· Providing a temporary reduced payment arrangement;
· Giving a temporary payment break;
· Where appropriate, restructuring a home loan or consolidating debt to suit different situations;
· Wellbeing support or referral to financial counselling.