NAB to collect donations to support Cyclone Debbie recovery efforts
NAB will today begin collecting donations to support the work of the Queensland State Emergency Service.
“The damage caused by Cyclone Debbie is extensive, and families and businesses face the prospect of a long and arduous clean-up,” Paul Collins, NAB’s General Manager of Retail for Queensland, said.
“Donations to the Queensland SES will support the efforts of all the volunteers and communities who are banding together to get through this natural disaster.”
Donations can be made over-the-counter at any NAB branch, or by logging into NAB Internet Banking at nab.com.au (Select Funds Transfer » Donation » Charity » Queensland SES).
“This is a challenging time for local residents, and it looks like being that way for some time to come. We want to do whatever we can to support our customers and the community,” Andrew Hagger, NAB Chief Customer Officer, Consumer Banking and Wealth, said.
Three mobile ATMs have also been coordinated, and are en route to the region.
NAB has also engaged its insurance partner Allianz, who is en route to where access is possible, and commencing insurance claims and property damage assessments.
NAB is continuing to offer financial relief to customers affected by Tropical Cyclone Debbie, including:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to manage existing agribusiness bank facilities;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
“I encourage customers to contact us when they’re ready, or come and see us in branch, so we can support them with financial relief wherever possible,” Mr Hagger said.
- Customers can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly, or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599, 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT.
- For Queensland customers: 7am-7pm Mon-Fri, or 8am-noon on Saturday until 2 April 2017.
- Small businesses that need help can call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers that need help should contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.
NAB is also supporting its employees impacted by the cyclone, and has made crisis leave available to permanent full-time and part-time staff.
For more information about NAB’s disaster and crisis support for customers, visit www.nab.com.au/about-us/corporate-responsibility/customers/natural-disaster-and-crisis-support.
NAB will regularly update customers about local branches via its social media channels.