Support for customers affected by Cyclone Marcia and Cyclone Lam
National Australia Bank (NAB) has today announced financial support for customers impacted by Cyclone Marcia in Queensland and Cyclone Lam in the Northern Territory.
Rebecca Kotow, NAB Head of Community Engagement: “Once this extreme weather passes, people living in the impacted communities will need our support with their recovery efforts.”
“We want our customers, employees and communities who are experiencing difficulties to know that there is support available and encourage them to contact us to discuss their circumstances.”
The disaster relief measures available for affected NAB customers include, where appropriate:
• Suspending home and personal loan repayments
• Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early
• Waiving home loan and personal loan fees and charges
• Credit card and personal loan relief
• Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
• Provision of support and counselling through NAB’s independent provider
Customers seeking further assistance and advice should contact NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 or visit our disaster relief page. Business customers should contact their banker.
For information and assistance on MLC insurance products call 132 652, or for NAB property and/or motor vehicle insurance products call Allianz on 1300 555 013.
A number of NAB stores have been closed due to Cyclone Marcia. As on 23 February the following stores have been closed:
- Rockhampton East Street
- Rockhampton Shopping Fair
- Gympie (BBC)