We’re here to support customers: NAB CEO
As both New South Wales and Victoria to fight COVID-19 outbreaks, NAB CEO Ross McEwan reminded customers that the bank stands ready to help those who need it.
“The measures announced today by the NSW Government along with the lockdown in Victoria are tough, but they are necessary to protect the community,” Mr McEwan said.
“We know these measures will have an impact on families, businesses and the economy and we continue to be there for our customers just as we have through every other lockdown.
“We have thousands of bankers around the country ready to help any customer who needs support getting to the other side of this.
“We know every situation is different and our business bankers are checking in with customers to see how they are doing and what help they might need for their situation.”
Mr McEwan encouraged Australians who are eligible to get vaccinated.
“Getting more Australians vaccinated is the only way out of repeated lockdowns and is the key to unlocking greater freedoms and a more normal life for all of us,” he said.
As announced by the Australian Banking Association last week, there are a number of measures available to support customers which can include:
Business banking support
- Up to 3 month repayment deferrals, with loan terms extended accordingly
- Offered to all small business customers (business lending less than $3m and a turnover of less than $5m)
- Only for loans in good standing (i.e. repayments up to date or engaged in a payment program with their bank)
Everyday banking support
- Refunds of merchant terminal fees for up to 3 months
- Waiving of fees and notice periods on Cash Deposit and Farm Management Deposit accounts for up to 3 months
Home loan support
- Range of support measures, including deferrals on a month by month basis
- Available to both individual and business customers
Further information on customer support can be found at nab.com.au/coronavirus.