NAB has today announced it will donate $100,000 to help communities affected by the bushfires in South Australia and provide disaster relief measures for its customers.
NAB’s team in South Australia will donate $50,000 to local charities supporting relief and recovery efforts in the region. In addition, $50,000 will be donated to Australian Red Cross for its ongoing emergency work, and Australians can add to this sum at any NAB branch or via internet banking, from early next week.
NAB Chief Customer Officer – Consumer Banking, Mike Baird said it’s been a difficult time for communities impacted by the bushfires.
“The damage caused is already extensive, and with more challenging conditions in coming days, families and businesses face uncertainty,” Mr Baird said.
“Our customers are reporting significant impacts, including severe damage to wineries, grazing properties and other horticulture operations, as well as people’s homes; we want to assure all of our customers that we are there to help them through.
“From early next week, donations to help Australian Red Cross’ great work in these communities can be made at any NAB branch across Australia or by logging into NAB Internet Banking.”
Customers will be able to log into Internet Banking and select: Funds Transfer » Donation » Charity » Australian Red Cross.
NAB Disaster Relief Package
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Support to manage existing regional and agribusiness bank facilities;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
Further assistance for customers who need help:
- Visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
- Small business customers call 1300 961 577.
- Agri customers contact their banker.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.
- NAB has a longstanding policy to provide our emergency service volunteers as much paid crisis leave as they require during emergencies, like the current bushfires across Australia.
- In November, we enacted a donation and disaster relief package for customers affected by the bushfires in NSW and QLD. More details can be found here.