NAB will provide $1,000 grants and additional financial relief to customers and colleagues affected by floods in the Northern Rivers region in NSW, to assist them in the immediate aftermath of the natural disaster.
The grants will give NAB customers and colleagues who have experienced significant damage to their homes ready access to funds to meet their immediate needs. Business and agriculture customers who have suffered damage or losses because of the floods are also eligible.
These emergency grants and relief measures build on yesterday’s announcement of support for customers and colleagues in south east QLD who are affected by the floods.
NAB Group Executive Personal Banking, Rachel Slade, said NAB was today ready to support the local communities who have been left devastated by the impact of the floods.
“To all the families, communities and businesses who have suffered damage to their homes, businesses and farms, we are here to help you through this,” Ms Slade said.
“We have support available, including $1,000 grants, to help those affected with immediate assistance.
“We know that being there for our impacted customers right now is important, but we also know we have a role to play in the long-term recovery.
“We are also providing NAB colleagues with emergency grants who have experienced damage to their homes, while they continue to support their local customers during these floods.
“Many of our branches have also been impacted and we encourage customers in affected areas to call NAB Assist.”
The support now available for NAB customers directly impacted by the current floods includes:
· Immediate access to $1,000 grants to help cover costs such as temporary accommodation, food and clothing (eligibility criteria applies).
· $1,000 business grants to help restart or reopen and cover the cost of damaged property, equipment, fencing – and for loss of stock or livestock. NAB business and agribusiness customers wishing to access the grants should call NAB’s dedicated team on 1300 769 650.
· Credit card and personal loan relief
· Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business facilities
· Concessional loans to customers seeking support to restructure existing facilities to assist in repairs, restocking and re-opening for business
· Reducing and moratorium on home and personal loan repayments
· Support and counselling through NAB’s Employee Assistance Program.
NAB customers who have suffered damage to their home and need assistance can call NAB Assist on 1300 308 132.
All enquiries will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the NAB Assist team to determine eligibility.
NAB also has a longstanding policy to provide employees who are emergency service volunteers as much paid crisis leave as they require during emergencies, including the current floods across northern NSW.