- NAB launches relief measures for customers affected by Bega Valley fires and Gippsland floods
- Emergency grants of $1,000 are being made available for NAB customers in impacted areas
- Loan deferrals, reduced repayment arrangements and hardship options available
NAB is providing $1,000 grants and additional financial relief to customers impacted by the Bega Valley bushfires and Gippsland region floods, to assist them in the immediate aftermath.
The grants will help NAB customers who have suffered significant damage to their home, farm or business, cover emergency expenses.
NAB Retail Executive Krissie Jones said a range of support measures – from grants to loan payment deferrals and other relief measures – was in place to help communities left devastated by the fires and flooding.
“To the Bega Valley and Gippsland families, communities and businesses who have suffered damage to their homes, farms and premises: we are here to help,” Ms Jones said.
“This will be a testing time for our communities and we’re standing by them, providing immediate assistance and making $1,000 grants available to help those most affected.
“NAB customers impacted in Bega Valley and Gippsland are encouraged to contact us as soon as possible.”
Further support is available for NAB customers directly impacted, including:
- Loan deferral or reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal and some business loans.
- Hardship support for customers struggling to make minimum monthly payments on personal loans, home loans or credit cards.
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments.
- Waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including merchant terminal fees and early access fees to term deposits.
- NAB colleagues who have been evacuated from their place of residence or cut off from support services can also access funds to assist with accessing temporary accommodation and everyday essentials.
For further assistance, impacted customers are encouraged to visit Natural Disaster Relief and Support at nab.com.au.
If a customer is unable to complete the online form, over the phone applications are available for:
- Individuals: 1300 308 132 Mon-Fri, 8:00am to 7:00pm ADST
- Businesses: 1300 769 650 Mon – Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm ADST
All enquiries will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the NAB Assist team to determine eligibility. Emergency grants for impacted customers will remain open until 23 October 2023.
Grants are not available for minor damage to homes or for damage to personal items and appliances, sheds, garages, gardens, or loss or damage to investment properties or holiday homes. NAB also has a longstanding policy to provide employees who are emergency service volunteers as much paid crisis leave as they require during emergencies.