NAB is providing financial support to customers impacted in flood-affected areas of the Riverland region in South Australia.
If customers are experiencing, or are likely to experience, financial hardship as a result of the flooding, NAB encourages them to contact the bank as early possible to discuss a range of financial relief measures. These include:
- Loan deferral or reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal and some business loans.
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments.
- Waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including, for example, merchant terminal fees and early access fee to term deposits.
NAB Group Executive, Personal Banking, Rachel Slade, said these measures were aimed at providing immediate financial support and reassurance to customers who may be impacted.
“We’re here to help customers, colleagues and their communities withstand and recover from natural disasters,” Ms Slade said.
“Those who need assistance or anticipate financial hardship due to the impact of flooding, should contact us as soon as possible and we’ll talk through the best ways to help.”
Customers who may need help are encouraged to visit their nearest open NAB branch where it’s safe to do so, contact their banker directly, or call NAB Assist on:
- 1300 308 132 for personal customers (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 1pm Saturday AEDT);
- 1300 769 650 for business customers (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday AEDT). Visit nab.com.au/disaster.
- Agri customers who need help can contact their banker.