NAB is providing financial support to customers impacted in flood-affected areas of the northern Kimberley and Fitzroy Crossing regions in Western Australia.
If customers are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the flooding, NAB encourages them to contact the bank to discuss a range of financial relief measures. These include:
- Loan deferral or reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal and some business loans.
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments.
- Waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including, for example, merchant terminal fees and early access fee to term deposits
NAB Acting Retail Executive, David Banks, said these measures were aimed at providing immediate financial support and reassurance to customers who have been impacted.
“Communities in the Kimberley and Fitzroy Crossing regions are currently experiencing the largest flood event in the state’s history,” Mr Banks said.
“Heavy rain caused by ex-tropical cyclone Ellie has cut off many communities in these areas and major flood warnings remain in place with further flooding expected – we are here to help.
“Those who need assistance due to the impact of flooding in WA should contact us as soon as possible and we’ll talk through the best ways to assist.”
Customers who may need help are encouraged to visit their nearest open NAB branch where it’s safe to do so, contact their banker directly, or call NAB Assist on:
- 1300 308 132 for personal customers (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 1pm Saturday AEDT);
- 1300 769 650 for business customers (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday AEDT).
- Agri customers who need help can contact their banker.