Data released today by nabtrade reveals that more investors are looking to make a positive social and environmental impact with their trading, and are turning to international markets to make it happen.
According to analysis of trades made over the last 12 months, new and younger investors are leading the charge by investing in US-based electric vehicle, green hydrogen and renewable energy companies to grow their wealth and help make a difference.
nabtrade’s records show that electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla (TSLA:NAS) has been so popular with investors over the past 12 months, it’s now just outside the top 10 most held stocks on nabtrade across all markets. It has quickly overtaken more traditional stocks such as domestic fossil fuel companies.
The top 5 ESG stocks revealed by nabtrade by customer demand are:
- TSLA:NAS Tesla
- ENPH:US Enphase Energy
- RIVN:US Rivian Automotive
- PLUG:US Plug Power
- LCID:US Lucid Group
Investors are also looking to partner with brokerage firms that have a more responsible social impact.
nabtrade Executive, Adrian Hanley said investor preferences had spurred nabtrade to commit again to its fifth Charity Trading Day, which will see all brokerage fees incurred on Tuesday 23 November donated to charity.
“Every year since 2017 nabtrade has donated a day’s brokerage to charity. This year the annual nabtrade Charity Trading Day will support global vaccinations through a partnership with UNICEF Australia’s ‘Give the World a Shot’ campaign and the ASX Refinitiv Charity Foundation,” Mr Hanley said.
“This year, we want to have a global impact, which clearly aligns with our investors’ preferences. This is why we’re partnering with UNICEF Australia to help end the pandemic.”
Tony Stuart, CEO of UNICEF Australia said money raised for Give the World a Shot will help people in low-income countries have the same chance as Australians to receive COVID-19 vaccines. This will reduce critical illness and death, help get children back to school, end lockdowns and stabilise economies.
“Australia is extremely fortunate to have enough vaccines for everyone and to be able to get them easily and quickly,” Mr Stuart said.
“Unfortunately, low-income countries still have extremely low vaccination rates, due to lack of access to vaccines and lack of infrastructure to deliver them safely.
“For every $5 in brokerage fees donated through today’s nabtrade charity trading day, two vaccines will be delivered to low-income countries.”
NAB and UNICEF Australia have a long-standing relationship and Australia’s largest business bank has already partnered with the charity through the pandemic. For every colleague vaccinated NAB pays forward to fully vaccinate a person in need in a low-income country.
On Tuesday 23 November 2021, nabtrade will donate 80% of brokerage from the day to UNICEF Australia, with the remaining 20% supporting the ASX Refinitiv Charity Foundation.
For more information or to contribute on nabtrade Charity Trading Day, please visit www.nabtrade.com.au/charityday.
Notes to the Editor:
nabtrade is NAB’s online investing platform offering access to Australian and international securities from just $14.95 per online trade. nabtrade has been awarded five stars for outstanding value in online trading from CANSTAR for five years in a row.
About UNICEF Australia
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Across more than 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, to build a better world for everyone. During COVID-19, UNICEF Australia is providing immediate relief and advocating for children to help them recover, rebound, reimagine and create a stronger future.
For more information about UNICEF Australia and its work for children, visit www.unicef.org.au