NAB has today started accepting expressions of interest from Australians wanting to participate in the First Home Loan Deposit Scheme.
Prospective first home buyers can take their first step in accessing the Scheme by visiting nab.com.au/fhbscheme or calling a specialised team on 13 60 50.
NAB Chief Customer Officer, Consumer Banking, Mike Baird, said NAB was proud to support Australian first home buyers.
“We understand buying your first home is both an exciting and daunting process and we’re here to help our customers throughout this journey,” Mr Baird said.
“So far this year our bankers have supported 18,000 Australians achieve their dream of owning their first home. This Scheme is a fantastic way of helping even more customers, allowing them to potentially save thousands of dollars on their mortgage and enter the property market sooner.
“From 1 January, eligible first home buyers through NAB will have access to the First Home Loan Deposit Scheme, a $2,000 cash bonus, and the only special rate for first homebuyers among the major banks.”
Guaranteed loans under the Scheme will start being offered from 1 January 2020. Access through NAB from 1 January 2020 will be available through nab.com.au/fhbscheme and by calling 13 60 50, with a dedicated team of home lending specialists ready to support customers through the homebuying journey.
- The First Home Loan Deposit Scheme (FHLDS) is a new initiative by the Australian Government to support eligible first home buyers purchase a home sooner. The Scheme will provide a guarantee to allow eligible first home buyers on low and middle incomes to purchase a home with a deposit as low as 5 per cent of the purchase price.
- NAB was the first lender selected to participate in the FHLDS by the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation (NHFIC) in November.
- In support of the Scheme and NAB’s commitment to first home buyers, NAB will not charge eligible customers higher interest rates than equivalent customers outside of the Scheme.
- Customers can check their eligibility on the NHFIC website, while regular updates will be provided on nab.com.au.
- Since March 2017, NAB has been the only major bank to have a special rate for first home buyers, with the rate currently 2.88% p.a. fixed for two years.
- Earlier this month, NAB announced a new cash bonus offer – $4,000 on refinances** and $2,000 on new purchases**. NAB is the only major bank to offer a cash bonus deal on new purchases.
**For new home lending of $250K or more. Cash bonus apply to loans drawn down between 1 January 2020 and 30 June 2020.