NAB has today appointed Phil Waugh to the role of Executive, Broker Distribution.
Mr Waugh joins NAB from Westpac, where he has most recently led a team of over 200 as Head of Private Wealth North and the bank’s COVID-19 response for business customers. Prior to this, he led the Auto Finance division at St George and served as Head of Asset Finance at CBA.
In his new role he will report to NAB Executive, Home Ownership, Andy Kerr.
“Phil is an exceptional leader and experienced banker, with a proven track record in driving great customer outcomes, in particular in intermediated distribution,” Mr Kerr said.
“His leadership will ensure we build on the momentum we are seeing in our broking business as we remain focused on delivering Australia’s simplest home loan and strengthening our position as the bank behind the broker. Phil’s passion for customers, and success driving high-performing teams will be an asset for the broker business and I’m excited about what he will bring to NAB.”
Mr Waugh said: “I’m looking forward to working with my colleagues at NAB to grow the business and deliver exceptional service to brokers and their customers.
“Brokers play a significant role in the Australian community in providing access to credit and driving competition, and this contribution continues to grow.”
Mr Waugh assumes the role from Steve Kane, who departed NAB in December. Nicole Triandos has since held the role in an acting capacity and will continue to do so until Mr Waugh starts in early June.
- Phil is currently Head of Private Wealth North at Westpac, leading a team of over 200. In his role as Head of COVID-19 Response within the Business Bank Division he ensured implementation of deferral programs and consistent delivery of customer support. Prior to this he led the Auto Finance division at St. George.
- Prior to joining Westpac and its subsidiaries, Phil was the Head of Asset Finance at CBA, supporting three customer segments across Corporate Financial Services, Small and Medium Enterprises within Business Bank and Regional & Agribusiness customers.
- Before entering banking, Phil was a professional rugby player, with 136 matches for the NSW Waratahs and 79 for the Wallabies, including time as Captain and Vice-Captain.
- Phil is a passionate contributor to, and fund raiser for, the community. He is currently Governor of the Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation Governor. He has also competed in the Rolex Sydney to Hobart ocean races in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2016 on board ‘Investec/Perpetual Loyal’ to help raise money for charity.
- Phil holds a Master of Commerce (University of Sydney), Master of International Business (University of Sydney) and is a Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) 2011.