National Australia Bank (NAB) today announced a $30,000 donation to the NSW Rural Fire Service to support its efforts fighting bushfires burning across the state.
NAB will also today start collecting donations to support the work of the NSW Rural Fire Service. Donations can be made over-the-counter at any NAB branch, or by logging on to internet banking at nab.com.au. Select Funds Transfer » Donation » Charity » NSW Rural Fire Service Donation.
“This is a tough time and we want the people of NSW to know that we are here to help,” said Geoff Rose, Head of Agribusiness NSW and ACT.
“Our donation to the NSW Rural Fire Service will support the efforts of the all the firefighters, volunteers and communities who are banding together to get through this disaster,” he said. “I encourage others to use our internet banking, or visit our branches in NSW, to add to the effort.”
NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons welcomed the donation.
“Our volunteers have gone above and beyond during the worst possible conditions and donations such as this go a long way in recognising the hard work and dedication of our members,” he said.
NAB continues to offer financial relief to customers affected by NSW fires.
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to manage existing agribusiness bank facilities;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
NAB is also supporting employees impacted by the fire and has made crisis leave available to permanent full-time and part-time staff.
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
- Agri customers that need help should contact their banker.
- Small business that need help can call 1300 965 577.
- For emergency claims, or general insurance, call 1300 555 013.
- For property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.