- NAB launches relief measures for customers affected by the bushfires in NSW (Mid-Western, Mid North and Far North regions) and Queensland (Gladstone, Western, Darling Downs, Bundaberg Region, Tablelands and Mareeba)
- Disaster relief grants of $1,000 are being made available for NAB customers in impacted areas
- Repayment moratoriums, reduced repayment arrangements and hardship options available
NAB is providing $1,000 grants and additional financial relief to customers impacted by the bushfires in NSW (Mid-Western, Mid North and Far North regions) and Queensland (Gladstone, Western, Darling Downs, Bundaberg Region, Tablelands and Mareeba), to assist them in the immediate aftermath.
The grants will help NAB customers who have suffered significant damage to their home, farm or business, cover emergency expenses.
NAB Executive Retail Krissie Jones said NAB will support the local communities who have been impacted by the bushfires with grants and other relief measures.
“To all of our customers who have suffered damage to their homes and premises, we’re here to help you,” Ms Jones said.
“This will be a challenging time for communities in the impacted regions and we’re standing by them, providing immediate assistance and making $1,000 grants available to help those affected.
“NAB customers impacted by the fires in these regions should contact us as soon as possible.”
Further support is available for NAB customers directly impacted, including:
- Repayment moratoriums, reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal and some business loans.
- Hardship support for customers struggling to make minimum monthly payments on personal loans, home loans or credit cards.
- Waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including merchant terminal fees and early access fees to term deposits.
NAB colleagues who have been evacuated from their place of residence or cut off from support services can also access funds to assist with accessing temporary accommodation and everyday essentials.
For further assistance, impacted customers are encouraged to visit Natural Disaster Relief and Support at nab.com.au and apply using the online form.
If a customer is unable to complete the online form, over the phone applications are available for:
- Individuals: 1300 308 132 Mon-Fri, 8:00am to 7:00pm ADST.
- Businesses: 1300 769 650 Mon – Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm ADST.
Enquiries will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility. Disaster relief grants for impacted customers will remain open until 16 November 2023.
Grants are not available for minor damage to homes or for damage to personal items and appliances, sheds, garages, gardens, or loss or damage to investment properties or holiday homes. NAB also has a longstanding policy to provide employees who are emergency service volunteers as much paid crisis leave as they require during emergencies.