- Opportunity for small business customers to access new Greener for Business platform
- Greener for Business allows small business owners to better understand and reduce their emissions
- Provides tips on how to save money and plan for a more sustainable future
NAB has become the first Australian bank to partner with Greener, a dedicated sustainability solution provider, to offer its small business customers an opportunity to assess and accelerate their sustainability plans.
Founded in 2022, Greener assists small businesses to create step-by-step climate action plans, reduce carbon emissions, cut costs and become more sustainable.
Partly funded by NAB Ventures, Greener recently launched its new digital solution, Greener for Business, to help Aussie small businesses better understand their adverse environmental impact and mitigate it in a simple, affordable way.
NAB Executive, Business Direct and Small Business, Ana Marinkovic said the new partnership with Greener highlighted NAB’s focus on supporting customers to reduce their emissions.
“Climate action is everyone’s job. As Australia’s largest business bank, we’re acting to help inform our small business customers of the actions they can take to make a difference,” Ms Marinkovic said.
“With around one in five SMEs strongly intending to make an investment to improve the sustainability of their business over the next two years, it’s clear many are eager to cut their emissions while also reducing business costs.
“Small business owners know the value of making smart investments and despite the challenging economic environment, many are choosing to prioritise their environmental sustainability.”
NAB’s new partnership with Greener alerts its small business customers to the benefits of the Greener for Business tool, which provides guidance on how to develop an action plan to reduce energy and waste, as well as improve electrification, packaging and logistics emissions. The online tool also features exclusive offers from leading suppliers to help save on costs and improve sustainability.
Greener Founder, Tom Ferrier said many Australian small businesses remain unaware of the potential savings they could make by reviewing their emissions and switching to more sustainable suppliers.
“There is a common misconception among small business that the sustainable option is the more expensive option. That’s why Greener has created a free, super easy platform that helps them save money and reduce emissions at the same time,” Mr Ferrier said.
“We’ve been fortunate NAB has recognised our vision and is helping back Greener for Business by showcasing the platform to its small business customers and informing them of how they can use it to both save money and reduce emissions.”
In early 2023, more than 60 NAB small business customers participated in a pilot of the Greener for Business platform. Users were highly engaged, valued the guidance provided and expressed a willingness to recommend the digital solution.
Greener for Business is the first step in Greener’s ambitious plan to help accelerate Australia’s transition to net zero.
For more information on Greener for Business, please visit Greener.com.au/business
Notes to editors
- Certified B Corp and recognised as #1 cleantech start-up in Australia, Greener provides simple solutions to help SMBs save money while fast-tracking their path to net zero.
- Aligned with the UN Race to Zero, Greener for Business helps members unlock savings and care for the planet by providing them with a simple, step-by-step action plan to help reduce emissions across key emissions areas such as energy, waste, electrification, packaging, and logistics.
- Now backed by the biggest names in business and retail (including NAB, Origin and the Australian Retailers Association), Greener is on a mission to help end climate change, by making getting greener the better, easier choice for everyone.