National Australia Bank has again been named Bank of the Year in the Financial Review Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards 2016.
It is the fourth consecutive win for NAB in the independently judged awards which compare banks across a wide range of criteria.
Judging partner Finder.com.au deemed NAB ahead of the rest thanks to low fees, competitive interest rates, accessibility and service offered across home loans, credit cards, and savings and transaction accounts.
MLC, NAB’s wealth management division, was also awarded the title Life Company of the Year.
NAB’s overall results included:
- Winner: Bank of the Year (NAB)
- Winner: Life company of the Year (MLC)
- Winner: Best term/TPD policy (MLC)
- Winner: Best term/TPD policy for super (MLC)
- Highly Commended: Trauma policy (MLC – Critical Illness Plus)
- Highly Commended: Savings account (UBank – USaver Ultra)
- Highly Commended: Short term deposit (UBank – 90 day term deposit)
- Highly Commended: Online bank (UBank)
Chief Customer Officer, Consumer Banking and Wealth Management, Andrew Hagger said the awards recognised NAB’s continued efforts to be the most respected bank in Australia and New Zealand.
“I want to thank our customers – without their feedback we wouldn’t be able to constantly learn and innovate in the way that we do that has helped us to win these awards,” Mr Hagger said.
“Whether they’re buying their first home, turning a business idea into reality or preparing for retirement, we’re working to make banking an easy, supportive and personal experience for our customers.”
In June, NAB was also named Bank of the Year 2016 in Money Magazine’s Consumer Finance Awards.