NAB has today announced support available to customers in flood-affected areas in NSW.
NAB encourages customers affected by the floods to contact the bank when they’re ready to discuss a range of financial relief measures, including:
· Loan deferral or reduced repayment arrangements for home, personal and some business loans.
· Deferring upcoming credit card payments.
· Waiving and/or refunding fees and charges, including for example: merchant terminal fees and early access fee to term deposits.
NAB Executive Regional and Agribusiness, Julie Rynski said the measures provide customers access to immediate financial support.
“We know this is impacting a lot of families and businesses across NSW. We are here to help and the number one priority is to stay safe,” Ms Rynski said.
“Following an incredibly wet summer, this is devastating for many farmers in NSW. Loss of top soil, livestock, fences and crops will have a significant impact on the industry.
“We are here to support all NAB customers, employees and the wider community before, during and after a natural disaster. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.”
Customers who need help are encouraged to visit their nearest open NAB branch where it is safe to do so, contact their banker directly, or call NAB Assist on:
· 1300 308 132 for personal customers (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 1pm Saturday AEST/AEDT);
· 1300 769 650 for business customers (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday AEST/AEDT)Visit nab.com.au/disaster.
· Agri customers who need help can contact their banker.
For further information:
NAB Media Line
P: +61 (0) 3 7035 5015