National Australia Bank today announced its disaster relief package for customers affected by the floods around Forbes, in central-western New South Wales.
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees;
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities; and
- Provision of support and counselling by making NAB’s Employee Assistance Program available to customers.
Paul Juergens, Retail General Manager NSW North, said it was an uncertain time for many people in Forbes as rising floodwaters have cut off roads, caused widespread damage to crops and prompted the State Emergency Service to issue an evacuation for residents.
“Our thoughts are with the people who have been affected by these ongoing floods,” Mr Juergens said.
“We are here to support all NAB customers, employees and the wider community. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.”
Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT).
Small business that need help can call 1300 965 577.
For emergency claims, call 1300 555 013.
For Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance, call 132 652.