NAB has today confirmed its Drought Assistance Package is available to support customers enduring prolonged drought conditions across South Australia and Victoria.
The Drought Assistance Package is available nationally for customers affected by prolonged drought conditions and includes eligible customers in:
- PIRSA’s recent ‘Crop and Pasture Report’ identifies the following drought affected areas within South Australia: eastern and western Eyre Peninsula, upper North, northern Yorke Peninsula, Murray Mallee and North East Pastoral.
- Drought impacted regions in Victoria: East Gippsland and Central Gippsland.
NAB has also committed a donation of $30,000 each to both the Country Women’s Association of Victoria and the South Australian Country Women’s Association contributing to their drought relief funds to support farming families.
Customer Executive Regional and Agriculture, Julie Rynski, said it has been a difficult time for people in the affected areas, who are facing drought conditions.
“As Australia’s largest Agribusiness bank, we are acutely aware of the challenges and unpredictability of life on the land and the impact of drought on NAB customers, employees and the wider community,” Ms Rynski said.
“Anyone who needs assistance or advice should contact their local banker so we can discuss their circumstances and determine the best way to help.”
Measures that may be available to eligible customers include:
- Extension of loan terms, consideration of restructure of loan repayments to interest only and waiver of all associated extension / restructure fees;
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate;
- Suspension of home and personal loan repayments;
- Waiving costs and charges for early withdrawal of Term Deposits (including Farm Management Deposits);
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees; and
- Making available to customers, a well-being support service provided under NAB’s sponsored counselling services.
For further information:
Calum Young Jo Beckwith
M: +61 (0) 472 863 630 M: +61 (0) 411 208 101